John Meeks Davis
1. OneWorldTree lists birthplace as Wales Luve Twnsh, Spencer, IN, USA
2. Buried in Memorial Park Cemetery
3. He was in Utah for the birth of his son John Spencer in 1853, so he probably travled west with his brother William Luce Spencer.
1. buried in Memorial Park Cemetery
Martha Jane Davis
1. Alternate birthdate: 26 June 1847
Margaret Elsie Davis
1. Conflict within the deathdate given by Ancestral File:
Born: 1849 Place: Winter Quarters, Council Bluffs, Potmie, Ia
Died: 19 Jul 1931 Place: Infant
If Margaret was still alive in 1931, she would not be an infant. Because Margaret was not found listed on the 1850 Census with her family, I will assume she died as an infant.
Margaret Elsie Meeks
1. Buried in the Pioneer Memorial Cemetary in San Bernardino, San Bernardino, California.
2. More than likely she traveld west in 1852 with her son(s).
1. We know he was alive at least until 1873 because he had a child born in 1874
Mary E. Carter
1. Ancestral File says she was born somewhere in Illinois.
2. not with her family in the 1850 U.S. Census
William L. Carter
1. not on the 1850 U.S. Census with his family.
1. not on the 1850 Census with her family
Joseph A. Carter
1. Not on 1850 U.S. Census with his family.
1. Ancestral File lists birthplace as "Connerville, Rytt, Indiana", the closest I could find to this was "Connersville, Fayette, Indiana"
2. Nicholas' continued to have children in Iowa until the year 1860. In 1865, Frances was married in Salt Lake City, Elvira in 1868, George in 1876, and Edwin in 1881, So the family probably moved west sometime between 1860 and 1865.
1. James was a private in Company "C" of the Mormon Battalion.
2. James and Martha had ten children between the years 1855 - 1875 (all but one were born in Iowa). One of them was born in 1864 in Iowa and another in 1868 was born in Wanship, Summit, Utah. But by 1870 they were back in Harrison County, Iowa for the birth of their 8th child.
So, they came west sometime between Sep 1864 and Aug 1868.
3. After the death of James, Martha joined the Reorganized Church in 1904 while living in Idaho.
1. Ancestral File gives birthplace as Mill Creek, Wilmington, New Castle, Delaware
1. Ancestral File gives alternate birthplace: Shamokin, Northumberland, Pennsylvania